Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Body Knows

My current conception of things is that the body houses the soul. Dents in the soul manifest as dents in the body/psyche.
So when I say, ''The body knows'' I am at the same time saying, ''The soul knows,'' for the soul is letting itself be known through the body's textures.
Today I attended two Quaker meetings/worship. My body began to decompress. I felt my sinuses open. I felt my ribcage loosen. My appetite woke up. Experiencing this direct feedback in my body, I chose to remain in the Quaker space for a number of hours. My body liked it there. Generally, when my body is responsive in this way, it is picking up on intentions of the space holders.
My body says, ''I want more'' and I intend to tend to its request.
Still, I have a sense that there's something ''better'' out there. lol. Can Angel ever be content?!
For someone who was born into a highly oppressive situation, all of this exploration of the wider world is truly exhilarating to me.
Can you relate to one's body responding in different ways when in different spaces?

No comments:

Post a Comment